In this second part we will focus on talking about water-based lubricants. Among the benefits of using a water lubricant are:
- They are easy to clean.
- They feel more natural.
- They are more “friendly” with sperm in the case of couples trying to have babies, since oil or silicone lubricants can weaken it.
- They are recommended for use with silicone toys as it does not damage the toy material.
- It can be reactivated with a little water. When it gets sticky you can spray a little water with an atomizer to reactivate it.
- Helps prevent dryness in condoms to minimize the possibility of rupture.
Among the disadvantages you can find:
- They evaporate faster and therefore must be reapplied or reactivated more frequently.
- Some cheaper lubricants may contain large amounts of preservatives, parabens or ingredients such as glycerin that make certain people more prone to changes in PH, vaginal infections, etc.
The variety of water-based lubricants is immense and like everything else, it's a matter of trying until you find the one you like the most. They come regular, cool, warm, flavored, with aphrodisiacs, with vitamins and nutrients, organic, etc. It is always important to read the packaging if you suffer from allergies or sensitive skin. One of the bestselling lubricants is: "Pjur Woman Nude".
- It is similar to female lubrication.
- It is silky.
- Does not contain preservatives, parabens, or glycerin.
- It is not sticky compared to other lubricants.
- Does not evaporate quickly compared to other lubricants.